Areas of expertise
Medical engineering research at Bradford is focused and shaped by the research interests of the team members. These academics encompass a wide range of disciplines and have international reputations in their respective fields. Their principle areas of expertise include:
- Dr John Buckley: clinical biomechanics; human movement analysis; and rehabilitation engineering (prosthetics/orthotics).
- Dr Mansour Youseffi: orthopaedic biomaterials; implant design; mechanical and corrosion testing; and cell and tissue engineering.
- Dr Peter Twigg: tissue mechanics; biomaterial development; tissue engineering scaffolds; and atomic force microscopy.
- Dr Colin Grant: biophysics, nanotechnology, tissue characterisation; cell and protein mechanics; and atomic force microscopy.
- Prof. Clive Beggs: haemodynamics; intracranial biomechanics; neurovascular disease; epidemiological modelling; and infection control.
- Prof. Simon Shepherd: biophysics; mathematical modelling; clinical signals; and genomic coding.
The members of the research team are all experienced academics with long track records in supervising post-graduate students and undertaking collaborative research.