Networks and Performance Engineering Research Group
This group conducts advanced research towards the creation of novel analytical techniques and related algorithms for the performance modelling, evaluation and engineering of convergent multi-service networks of diverse technology, and the next generation internet (NGI).
Research Areas Include:
- Information and theoretic schemes for mobility management; End-to-end network quality-of-service (QoS); Network routing algorithms and graph theoretic concepts; Interconnection networks
- Performance Modelling and Evaluation Applications Sensor and Ad Hoc wireless networks
- 3G and 4G wireless cell architectures, Heterogeneous networks with differentiated services
- WiMAX Networks, Optical multiservice networks, Routing in Overlay networks
- Graph theoretic concepts for broadcasting and multicasting schemes
- Software performance engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems.