Mrs Patricia Cooper
|Department||Institute of Cancer Therapeutics|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 235841|
- Evaluation of novel anti-cancer agents
- Development of the hollow fibre assay
- Non-invasive imaging techniques
- Anti-vascular studies and histology
- Maintenance of tumour bank
- Student supervision
- Harvey TJ, Hennig IM, Shnyder SD, Cooper PA, Ingram N, Hall GD, Selby PJ, Chester JD. "Adenovirus-mediated hypoxia-targeted gene therapy using HSV thymidine kinase and bacterial nitroreductase prodrug-activating genes in vitro and in vivo," Cancer Gene Ther. 2011 Aug 12. doi: 10.1038/cgt.2011.43. [Epub ahead of print]
- Veiga JP, Cooper PA, Pors K, Patterson LH, Bibby MC, Shnyder SD. "Use of the hollow fiber assay for the evaluation of DNA damaging agents," J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2011 Apr 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lamont FR, Tomlinson DC, Cooper PA, Shnyder SD, Chester JD, Knowles MA. "Small molecule FGF receptor inhibitors block FGFR-dependent urothelial carcinoma growth in vitro and in vivo," Br J Cancer. 2011 Jan 4;104(1):75-82. Epub 2010 Nov 30.
- Prokopiou EM, Cooper PA, Pettit GR, Bibby MC, Shnyder SD. "Potentiation of the activity of cisplatin in a human colon tumour xenograft model by auristatin PYE, a structural modification of dolastatin 10," Mol Med Report. 2010 Mar-Apr;3(2):309-13. doi: 10.3892/mmr_00000256.
- Fu Y, Habtemariam A, Pizarro AM, van Rijt SH, Healey DJ, Cooper PA, Shnyder SD, Clarkson GJ, Sadler PJ. "Organometallic osmium arene complexes with potent cancer cell cytotoxicity," J Med Chem. 2010 Nov 25;53(22):8192-6. Epub 2010 Oct 26.
- Harvey TJ, Burdon D, Steele L, Ingram N, Hall GD, Selby PJ, Vile RG, Cooper PA, Shnyder SD, Chester JD. "Retargeted adenoviral cancer gene therapy for tumour cells overexpressing epidermal growth factor receptor or urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor," Gene Ther. 2010 Aug;17(8):1000-10. Epub 2010 Apr 22.