Dr Annette Parkinson
|Position||Interim Head of School of Optometry and Vision Science, and Senior Lecturer in Optometry|
|Location||G20, Richmond building|
|Department||Bradford School of Optometry and Vision Sciences|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 235586|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Visual and Ocular Assessment Module Leader
- Optometric Skills Module Coordinator
- Clinical Decision Making Co Module Leader
- General Clinical Practice (Accelerated Route) Co Module Leader
- Advanced Clinical Practice (Accelerated Route) Co Module Leader
- Career Progression Year Tutor
- Progression to the Pre-Registration Period Year Tutor
- Schools liaison officer, BSOVS consultancy coordinator
Graduated from City University in 1981 and became a member of the College of Optometrists in 1982.
In 2006 completed the PGCHEP and is now a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Entered full time clinical practice with independent optometrists in 1982.
Joined Boots Opticians in 1986, whilst in full time practice with them held various roles including Practice management, Senior Optometrist and Pre-registration Optometrist supervisor. During this time was also involved with undergraduate teaching in the 3rd year Open Clinic at UMIST.
In 2002 seconded to the Boots Tutor Practitioner role at the University of Bradford and in 2003 appointed a Senior University Teacher, now Senior Lecturer, in the Bradford School of Optometry and Vision Science.
- External roles Examiner and Assessor for the College of Optometrists
Currently working towards a PhD in Orthokeratology with Professor W A Douthwaite and Dr EAH Mallen