Mrs Rebecca Cockshaw
|Position||Psychology Learning Support Officer|
|Location||Richmond Building, E6|
|Telephone||+44 (0)1274 23 6763|
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Quantitative Research Methods lab classes (Stage 2)
- Introduction to Research Methods lab classes (Stage 1)
- Methodological Issues and Qualitative research (Stage 2)
- Social Psychology (Stage 2)
- Cognitive Psychology (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Psychology of Learning and Study (Stage 1)
Other support includes:
- Drop-in support sessions for statistics, SPSS, and report writing help (Stages 1 and 2)
- Drop-in support sessions for online portfolios and general e-learning issues (Stages 1 and 2)
- Drop-in support sessions for 3rd year project students (Creating experiments and analysis support) (Stage 3)
- Outreach support (AS level taster days, ACCESS visits, Applicant Visitor Days)
- Maintenance of psychology laboratories and equipment.
- Lab and equipment booking
- Video and audio editing.
- Maintenance of Psychophysiological recording software and equipment (Biopac).
- Experiment generation (E-Prime v.1.x and E-Prime v.2.x).
- Creating and maintaining the Division of Psychology website
- Maintenance of the Psychometrics database
- Software support (SPSS 22, MSOFFICE 10, NVIVO 10)
- The running and management of the Research Participation System
- Maintaining the Division of Psychology alumni social networking site.
- Maintenance of the psychology laboratory PC cluster and psychology teaching PC cluster (E84)
I have a First class honours degree in Psychology (GBC accredited). Previously, I have conducted research on cognition and drink driving at Leeds University. I have also had experience as a Research Assistant at the University of Bradford working on a project which focussed on the effect of e-portfolios on reflection and metacognition. I have been employed as a psychology learning support officer at the University of Bradford since September 2008. I am thoroughly enjoying my post as it involves supporting undergraduate (BSc) and post-graduate(MSc) students in lab based teaching sessions, help sessions and office hours. I also provide technical assistance for both staff and students.
- Marks, G., Hartley, P. & Durrans, R. (2010) "Developing the Use of Group Work in Undergraduate Psychology Degrees". Poster presented at the Higher Education Academy Psychology Learning and Teaching Conference, 30 June - 2 July, Edinburgh Napier University.
- Durrans, R. & Lawton, R. (2009). Drink Driving: The Effects of Alcohol on Cognitions and Emotions. Health Psychology Update, 18, pp.16-21.