The 2nd International Workshop on Engineering Data- & Model-driven Applications
in conjunction with
The 4th IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Systems (DSS-2018)
We are witnessing a dramatic increase of large engineering data resource availability and accessibility. Data-driven technologies, sensors connected through the Internet of Things (IoT) and big data capabilities nowadays show sustained development throughout an industrial product’s life cycle, from R&D testing to design, verification, production validation and maintenance. Such progress in modern industrial environments exposes richer, domain-specific data and requires validated model-driven processes that interact dynamically with data science and computational modelling approaches. New research in aggregation, integration, analysis and governance of data and derived models is now required throughout the life cycle of industrial products – from design to exploitation, reuse and recycle.
Delivering on these new opportunities requires development, validation and adoption of effective data science solutions that can provide information and insight from data and models to applications of cyber-physical systems and industry 4.0, from autonomous cars to industrial processes.
The 2nd EDMA International Workshop aims to provide, in conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Systems DSS-2018, a forum for presentations, discussions and sharing of current challenges, knowledge, expertise and solutions regarding trends and technologies for the use of data and computational models for dealing with complexity in industrial, engineering, cyber-physical systems, industry 4.0 and related domains.
The workshop committee members invite contributions from across engineering and data science researchers on data (Knowledge Discovery, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics) and model-based methods (e.g. Phenomenological/Engineering Models of Care, Degradation and Failure, Reliability) to deliver effective and efficient solutions to current challenges of handling complexity in real-world engineering and industrial applications.
We welcome original contributions (reviews and surveys, technical and research papers) on methodologies, formalisms, algorithms and solutions for the following topics and related areas:
- Data and Model Governance for Engineered Cyber-Physical Systems
- Engineering and Industrial Data Quality Assessment
- Machine Learning for Engineering and Industrial Data Processing
- Data measurement, monitoring and forecasting for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Data Analytics and Visualisation, Patterns and Data Modelling for Cyber-Physical Systems
- Computational Modelling Techniques, Software Tools and Verification, Model Validation for Engineered Cyber-Physical Systems
- Big Data, Internet of Things, Expert Systems applications to Cyber-Physical Systems
- Artificial Intelligence embedded in the development and modelling of evolving open architecture Cyber-Physical Systems
- A highly visible industry speaker is being invited to contribute to the workshop
All submissions will be peer-reviewed; all accepted papers will be included in the IEEE DSS-2018 conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press and indexed in IEEE Xplore. At least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the paper at the conference.
Selected papers in substantially extended form will be considered for publication in a special issue of the Expert Systems: The Journal of Knowledge Engineering (IF: 1.18).
Paper submission guidelines
All papers will be submitted electronically in PDF format through the EasyChair EDMA-2018 international workshop submission website.
The material submitted should not be published or under review elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with over length charge) including figures and references, using IEEE Computer Society Conference Proceedings Manuscript template available from the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines website.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 30 March 2018
- Authors Notification: 30 April 2018
- Camera-Ready Paper Due: 15 May 2018
- Early Registration Due: 15 May 2018
- Conference Date: 28-30 June 2018
- Professor Felician Campean, University of Bradford, UK
- Professor Marian Gheorghe, University of Bradford, UK
- Professor Daniel Neagu, University of Bradford, UK
- Dr Esmaeil Habib Zadeh, University of Bradford, UK
- Professor Francesco Masulli, University of Genoa, Italy
- Professor Gongde Guo, Fujian Normal University, China
- Liping Chen, Fujian Normal University, China
- Dr Jon Hall, Open University
- Dr Longhzi Yang, Northumbria University
- Dr Savas Konur, University of Bradford, UK
- Dr Paul Trundle, University of Bradford, UK