Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Use of Own Vehicles

Traffic Lights If you are using your own car for business travel it must be insured for business use

To allow car drivers to commute in via sustainable methods and still have access to vehicles during the working day there are a number of initiatives available.  Public transport should be considered before the use of a private vehicle.

Taxis - local inaccessible journeys

Taxis can be used on account with Great Horton Taxis and Tong & Euro Private Hire.  Prices have been agreed, for more information see: (password required)

Contract Hire Cars - 1 full day or more

For road journeys exceeding a total of 130 miles, it is usually cheaper to use a hired vehicle rather than a private one, the university has a contract with JCT600 to provide vehicles for use on business travel. 

For more information see: required)