The Environment Levy Fund
Small grants (typically between £1,000 and £5000) are available from the Environment Levy Fund to part fund travel projects which aim to reduce staff and student dependence on car travel as a mode of commuting to work and study.
Any Academic Faculty, Department and Student Organisation of the University of Bradford can apply.
What are the aims?
To financially support University projects which aim to reduce staff and student dependence on car travel as a mode of commuting to work and study.
What grants are available?
Small grants (typically in the region of £1,000 to £5,000) are available from the Environment Levy Fund to part fund travel projects.
What objectives can a grant be used for?
The fund seeks to support travel projects, which aim to reduce staff and student car dependence. For example, improvements to travel infrastructure such as new cycle facilities, or awareness raising activities such as informing staff about ECO driving techniques.
Can I apply?
Any Academic Faculty, Department and Student Organisation of the University of Bradford can apply to the Environmental Levy Fund.
How do I bid for grant funding?
Potential bidders must develop an application, which includes the following information:
- Name of applicant (Faculty, Department, Student Organisation)
- Name, position, address and telephone details of applicant
- Description of project
- Location of project (if applicable)
- Breakdown of project costs
- Amount of funding required from the Environmental Levy Fund
- Other funding sources
- Proposed time-scale
- Arrangements for long-term maintenance of the project
- To which budget should the grant be transferred
All applications should be sent to the University Environmental Manager:
Estates & Facilities
West End Building
Who makes the decision on grant funding?
The University Integrated Travel Task Group considers and decides on all applications to the Environmental Levy Fund.
What are the conditions of applying?
- Personal applications or applications which benefit individuals directly will not be allowed
- The project will be carried out under the complete control of the operational unit to which the grant is awarded.
- The Environmental Levy Fund at its discretion may set additional grant conditions. Operational units will be notified in writing in this event.
- The grant is made for the activity stated on the application form and must not be used for any other purpose. Any grant money, which has not been spent on the stated purpose within six months of the date of award, must be returned to the environment levy fund.
- Any project publicity material, including site/project notices, newspaper articles or web information should acknowledge the Environmental Levy Fund and Ecoversity.
Organisations awarded funding for the purchase of equipment will ensure that:
- The equipment will be owned and controlled by the operational unit
- The equipment is insured if necessary
- The equipment is properly maintained
- The equipment purchased will not be disposed of without the prior consent of the Environmental Levy Fund and Ecoversity
- The equipment reverts to the control of the Environmental Levy Fund if the operational unit is disbanded.
- If equipment or facilities are lost, stolen, or damaged and not replaced, any monies obtained from insurance will be paid to the Environmental Levy Fund.
The organisation will if requested:
- Provide information and/or copies of financial records
- Make items purchased or projects developed available for inspection
Successful applicants may be asked to complete a short report on the outcome of the project. This should be supported by relevant accounting information to demonstrate how the grant was spent.
The Environmental Levy Fund retains the right to stop or reclaim any grant awarded if there is any financial impropriety, or until evidence is given that any conditions set when awarding the grant have been fulfilled.
Breach of any of the conditions will require immediate repayment of the grant in full to the Environmental Levy Fund.