Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

International Office - Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some of the most common questions that we get asked by international students.

For lots more information, please visit the International Office website.

Do I need to register with the Police?

Only students from certain international countries have a responsibility to register with the police.

Please see the International Students web page for further information and guidance.

Back to top

How do I renew my Visa?

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid student visa.

For information and guidance please visit the International Students web pages.

Alternatively, you can contact the UBU Students' Union Advice Centre's Visa Information Team (located in the Student Central building, City Campus). For more information, visit the UBU website.

Back to top

I want to invite guests from overseas to visit me in the UK / attend my graduation ceremony. Can I obtain a letter to help with their travel visa application process?

If you are inviting guests from overseas and require a guest invitation letter for visa purposes, please either call in at The Hub, based at the Richmond Building, or send a request via email to:

You will need to tell us how many guests you would like to invite. For each guest, you will need to provide their full name, date of birth, passport number and how long they will be staying in the UK.

Back to top

How do I apply for a 'Shengen Visa'? (for travel purposes - international students only)

If you are applying for a 'Shengen Visa' - a supporting letter can be obtained from The Hub, located in the Richmond Building.

You will need to provide the details of your travel arrangements (the destination, date of travel and approximate duration of travel) upon request of a letter.

Back to top