The University of Bradford is one of the world's leading Ecoversities.
We are committed to sustainability and have won recognition for our sustainable campus - see our awards below.
Our vision includes meeting four core objectives:
- Working towards sustainable education - shaping a more sustainable future by engaging students, staff, local community and employers on the skills and knowledge needed in the pursuit of sustainable development.
- Working towards a healthy environment - protecting the environment by minimising our resource use and emissions whilst also enhancing the surrounding environment.
- Working towards social wellbeing - creating a greener, safer environment in which our students, staff and the local community can live, interact, study, and be active.
- Working towards a thriving economy - developing research, innovation and knowledge transfer to bring greater prosperity to our students, the University, City and Region.
- BREEAM: Bright Building - Outstanding - 95.2%
- Green Gowns 2015: Shortlisted for Student Engagement and Built Environment categories (winners to be announced on 26 November 2015)
- EcoCampus Gold accreditation
- UI GreenMetric World University Rankings 2014: 6th in the world
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers: Carbon Champions of the Year and Client of the Year 2012
- Green Gowns 2012: Winner for ‘The Green’ and Highly Commended for Carbon Reduction
- Green Gowns 2010: Highly Commended for Continuous Improvement
- Greenbuild Awards 2012: EMU Project Behaviour Change Category
- North of England Excellence Awards 2012: Sustainability Winner
- National Energy Awards: EMU Project Highly Commended Behaviour Change Category
- AUE Tom Bradley Award: EMU Project
- Yorkshire Post Environmental Awards 2012: EMU project Shortlisted
- Business in the Community (BitC) 2012: Platinum Award for Carbon reduction
- Business in the Community (BitC) 2011: Gold Award for Carbon reduction
- Business in the Community (BitC) 2010: Silver Award Carbon reduction
- Business in the Community (BitC) 2009: Bronze award Carbon reduction
- BREEAM: Sustainable Enterprise Centre - Outstanding - 94.95% (World’s highest BREEAM pre-construction at time of award)
- BREEAM: The Green - Outstanding - 95.05% (World’s highest ever BREEAM rating at time of award)
- BREEAM: Emm Lane Sir Titus Salt Building - Excellent - 70.48%
- BREEAM: School of Health Studies - Very Good - 61.75%
- BREEAM: Student Central - Very Good - 56.67%
- Royal Institute Chartered Surveyors Pro Yorkshire Awards 2011: Emm Lane Winner Sustainability
- Royal Institute Chartered Surveyors Pro Yorkshire Awards 2007: Atrium Design and innovation
- LABC Award 2012: School of Health winner sustainability category
- Yorkshire in Bloom 2012: Gold award and Chairman’s award (overall winner of the 2012)
- Yorkshire in Bloom 2006, 2007, 2008,2009: Silver Awards
- Yorkshire in Bloom 2014: Gold Rose Award in Universities, Colleges and Further Education Establishments category.
- Read more about our vision for sustainability on our Ecoversity web pages.
Take a tour of our edible campus, and pick your own fruit, vegetables and herbs.
Find out more on our Estates and Facilities website, and watch the video produced by our Students' Union below.