Like any Opticians, the Primary Care clinic offers comprehensive eye examinations (sight tests), providing a prescription for spectacles if required, a detailed assessment of the health of your eyes and screening for diseases that affect the eyes and vision. We also provide health and safety advice and spectacle correction for those working on computers.
Eye examinations are undertaken by final year Optometry students under the direct supervision of qualified Optometry staff. Because the examination is very thorough and closely supervised, it can take up to 1.5hrs to complete all tests. For this reason, we offer sight tests, spectacles and contact lenses at reduced costs.
Eye examination charges for the teaching clinics
£7.50 for University of Bradford students
Free for Optometry students
- Free NHS tests for eligible groups. Are you entitled to NHS help?
- If you wish to be seen by our staff optometrist outside teaching clinics, the cost is £35.00
To provide you with the best possible care, it is helpful if you bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Your last spectacle prescription
- All spectacles and contact lenses you currently use
- A list of your current medication
- Your GP's details