Care Leavers Support
We are happy to help you from start to finish
The University of Bradford provides financial support and pastoral care. This means that you are entitled to support until the end of your studies.
Let us know
Not sure if you are a Care Leaver?
If you’ve been in Local Authority care, were fostered as a child or perhaps lived in Foyer Federation accommodation and have evidence of this, then contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you have ticked the care leaver’s box on your UCAS application form or alternatively your local Social Services Leaving Care Team may have contacted us on your behalf. This information will enable us to make sure that you have all the support you require in place before you start.
Thinking about going to university
A degree from the University of Bradford will help you gain lots of new skills, opening lots of doors to new places. You will have the opportunity to study a choice of subjects on your course and have access to a wide range of University support services.
Care Leavers support package
The Care Leavers support package offers you all the support you need whilst at university and is designed for care leavers with permanent residence in the United Kingdom and who are ‘home students’ for fee purposes. Students with refugee and asylum status and under local authority care are welcome to apply for support please email: email@example.com.
Supporting you every step of the way
We would like to think that we are supporting you every step of the way, including before you start, during your studies and after you finish. So all you have to do is enjoy your University experience.
The University of Bradford can offer you support in addition to the support you receive from the local authority. Read more on our Fees and Finance pages.
Before you arrive
- Help with your UCAS application to the University.
- A named staff contact to support and help you with all aspects of University life.
- All year round accommodation including important vacation times.
- Support with child care.
- Assistance with applying for financial support ensuring you receive all your bursary entitlement.
During your stay
- Help with sorting out your finances, money management and budgeting.
- Access to support services including Counselling, Childcare, Disability and Careers Guidance.
- Membership of the Care Leavers Forum
- Access to the University of Bradford Student Ambassador (UBSA) training programme.
Before you leave
- Celebration of your Graduation
- Support into employment and further study.