Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Support during your studies

Help with sorting out your finances, money management and budgeting

Here at the University of Bradford Care Leavers receive a grant of £1,000 a year. You will need to go to The Hub in the Richmond Building to pick up a form to apply for this.  Our Finance Advisors can help sort out your money matters including your finances, money management and budgeting for more information contact

Access to support services including Counselling, Childcare, Disability and Careers Guidance

As a student you are entitled to a wide range of support services provided by the University of Bradford and these include Computer and Library Services, Accommodation, Counselling, Childcare, Disability Services and Careers Guidance.  

Care Leavers Forum

Membership of the Care Leavers Forum is open to every Care Leaver student at the University and is supported by pro-active staff and students who have had experience of being in care. For more information, visit our Care Leavers Forum page.

Access to the University of Bradford Student Ambassador (UBSA) training programme

We all know how important it is to gain valuable work experience the University of Bradford Student Ambassador (UBSA) training programme is an excellent training programme that gives students the skills and knowledge required to work whilst they study. For more information contact

Preparing for employment

The Careers Development Service’s offer students support to find part time work, placements as well as 1-2-1 advice with CV’s and career planning contact

Before you leave 

Celebration of your Graduation

We will be there to take the stress out of your big day, cheer you on and celebrate your achievements and Graduation.

Support into employment and further study

The University of Bradford is recognised as the No1University for Graduate jobs and the Careers Development Service understand how important it is to find the right job for more information contact