As an undergraduate student at the University of Bradford you have access to excellent study facilities, whether in our libraries or Faculties, or online through our interactive e-learning tools.
Our e-learning offering is constantly evolving to keep pace with the latest innovations, and we proactively consult our students about their changing needs at every opportunity:
- submit coursework or receive tutor feedback and assessment marks online.
- access assignments from home if your tutor feels travel into campus isn’t necessary
J B Priestley Library
The J B Priestley Library is our main library, at the heart of the city campus.
It has a calm and focused atmosphere and offers the full range of self-service facilities including book issue, renewal and return.
- computer-based information services and PCs
- teaching rooms and group study facilities
- highly trained and professional staff are there to help you find the information you need
- access to a range of workshops and one-to-one advice to help you develop your research skills
For full details, including opening hours, please see the Library website.
Management and Law Learning Resource Centre
The Management and Law Learning Resource Centre in the Emm Lane building is a vibrant and state-of-the-art learning environment, created as part of our multi-million pound redevelopment in 2010.
The centre consists of a dedicated Business and Management Library and a self-contained Law Library.
The Business and Management collection includes key management textbooks and essential journals. These are international in scope and include the top scholarly titles.
The Management and Law Learning Resource Centre includes self-issue and self-return facilities, photocopiers and printers, areas for silent study and social learning, and wireless access throughout the building.
For full details, including opening hours, please see the main Library website.
About UoB is a student-owned smartphone app packed with University news, maps, contacts and much more. It works on Android, iOS and Blackberry platforms.
Every day, around 400 students use the app to:
- search campus maps
- find the nearest free PCs
- search and reserve books from the Library
- access personal exam timetable
- listen to RamAir- our student radio station
- see the latest Student Cinema listings
- find wheelchair-friendly routes and toilets around campus
We’ll also keep you up to date by sending important messages regarding your course and the University direct to your phone using our SMS messaging system.
Find out more
- Mobile technology at University of Bradford
Blackboard is a virtual learning environment (VLE) that enables lecturers and students to share learning materials, communicate and collaborate on-line.
It is web based and can therefore be accessed from any computer with a web browser and internet connection.
"Students can access teaching and learning facilities anytime and anywhere, on the bus or on the train. They can find out if a library book is available, or where the nearest PC is. It gives students complete control over their learning experience."