Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Police Registration

If you need to register with the Police, this will be mentioned on your visa or on the letter which accompanies the confirmation that you have been granted leave (for example ‘Register with the Police within 7 days of arrival’). If you are unsure, bring your passport and letter to the Visa Drop in, the International Student Drop in, or to Mybradford and we will be able to check for you.

The Police Registration point for our area is in the neighbouring town of Pudsey, in between Bradford and Leeds.

The designated day for the University of Bradford students to register/update their details is Thursday and you will be required to make an appointment to attend. Please contact Vanessa the international stduent advisor who will be able to make an appointment for you. Vanessa can be email on

Please contact the International Student Advisor if you would like us to arrange for a student helper to show you the way, or if you prefer to go to the Police Station in Pudsey by yourself, the address is:

Overseas Registration Office
Pudsey Police Station
Dawsons Corner
Bradford Road
LS28 5TA
Tel: 0113 241 4917/4817/4860/4899

Opening Times:
Monday to Thursday
9.00am to 1.00pm and
2.15pm to 4.00pm
Appointment not necessary

How to get there

By Bus: (easiest option)

  • Take the bus number 72 from Bradford Interchange , Stand X
  • Ask the driver for Pudsey Police Station
  • The bus stops outside Pudsey Police Station
  • Look for the signs that say ‘Overseas Registration Office’

Buses run approximately every 10 minutes

By Train: (more difficult – and about 5 minutes walk from Pudsey train station)

  • Take the train to Leeds from Bradford Interchange to Pudsey Station
  • Walk straight along Owlcotes Lane
  • Turn right along Bradford Road
  • Turn left along Cote Lane
  • Pudsey Police Station is now on your right
  • Look for the signs that say ‘Overseas Registration Office’

Trains run every 20 minutes

What to take with you to register with the Police for the first time

  • Your passport and Biometric Residence Permit 
  • 1 x photo (same size as needed for a passport or visa application)
  • Debit/Credit card to pay 34GBP (this can also be taken in cash)
  • Police Registration Form - available at the Hub all year, the International Student Information Point in September or below.

What you need to do with your Police Certificate, when you receive it

  • Keep your Police Registration Certificate in a safe place. It is an important document
  • Go to the Police Station in Pudsey with your Police Registration Certificate in ALL these cases:
  • Change of address
  • Change of College, University, Occupation or Course
  • Change of marital status
  • If you get a visa extension or a new visa
  • If you get a new passport or travel document
  • You should do this within 7 days of any of these changes

If you have any queries about this information, please contact the International Student Adviser via My Bradford or 

Police Registration Form

Police Registration Certificate (PDF 73kb )

Police Registration Certificate (word 22kb)