Skip to content
Open menu Close menu


If you have already paid the University monies towards your accommodation, that is in a 'University-managed accommodation' i.e. The Green - Halls of Residence, you can deduct the following from the total amount that you need for evidence of funds, as part of your Tier 4 (General) student visa application:

  • Money that you have already paid to the University towards your course tuition fees; and
  • Up to £1,265 that you have already paid to the University for your accommodation fees in the University-managed accommodation;
  • You cannot deduct any advance payment for any other type of housing/accommodation;
  • You cannot adjust the money if you will have no living costs, for example, if you will be living with a relative free of cost.

You will need to ensure that the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team are aware that you have made a payment towards the accommodation and this can be added to your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter.

If you are applying for University-managed accommodation, you should inform the accommodation team the date you plan on applying for your visa; and if the visa application is successful, this will allow the accommodation team to extend the confirmation deadline for you while you wait for a decision to be made on your visa.

Visit the University-managed accommodation for further details.